III. Response to Other Recent Studies
1. Articles Since 1985 （１９８５年以降に出された諸論文）
I list here several articles written or published after my 1985 article, especially those that have contributed to the discussion within the evangelical world:
1. Berkeley and Alvera Mickelsen, “What Does Kephale Mean in the New Testament?” in Women, Authority and the Bible, ed. Alvera Mickelsen (Downers Grove,IL: InterVarsity Press, 1986), pp. 97-110.
2. Ruth A. Tucker, “Response,” in Women, Authority and the Bible, ed. Mickelsen,111-117.
3. Philip B. Payne, “Response,” in Women, Authority and the Bible, ed. Mickelsen,118-132.
4. Walter L. Liefeld, “Women, Submission, and Ministry in 1 Corinthians,” in Women, Authority and the Bible, ed. Mickelsen, pp. 134-154.
5. Gilbert Bilezikian, “A Critical Examination of Wayne Grudem’s Treatment of Kephale in Ancient Greek Texts,” Appendix to Beyond Sex Roles, 2nd ed. (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House,  1990), pp. 215-252.32
6. Catherine Clark Kroeger, “The Classical Concept of Head as ‘Source,’” Appendix III in Equal to Serve, by Gretchen Gaebelein Hull (Old Tappan, NJ: Fleming H. Revell,1987), pp. 267-283.
7. Gordon D. Fee, The First Epistle to the Corinthians, NICNT (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1987), pp. 501-505 [commentary on 1 Corinthians 11:3].
8. Joseph Fitzmyer, “Another Look at Kephale in 1 Corinthians 11:3,” New Testament Studies 35 (1989), pp. 503-511.
9. Peter Cotterell and Max Turner, Linguistics and Biblical Interpretation (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1989), pp. 141-145
10. Recent lexicons by Bauer (1988) and Louw-Nida (1988).
32. This was an address given at the Evangelical Theological Society meeting in Atlanta, October 20, 1986, to which I gave one of the scheduled responses. (My written critique below contains the major substance of my oral response given at that time.)
33. It should be noted that though the publication date of Women, Authority and the Bible, in which articles 1-4 appear, is 1986, the essays were written for a conference in 1984, before most of the authors had access to my 1985 article.